Clothing line name : JNava Clothing
City / State : Denver, CO
Established date : 11.11.2009
Website : www.jnavaclothing.com
Price range for clothing : $15-45
Where to buy your clothing : www.jnavaclothing.com
How did you come up with the name?
– The JNava name was inspired through the creative eye of Jason Nava – owner of JNava clothing.
Description of clothing line?
– Our clothing line meets comfort with style. Graphic tees form the foundation of our brand. As we are continually expanding our line into more than just everyday expressions, the need for functional cut and sew products (scarves, cardigans, vests) invites a theme of versatility – offering wearers a broadened perspective in fashion and individuality.
Who are your influences?
– Our California upbringing has fueled our west coast flair – though our home is in Denver, the blended appeal of urban life and nature form the platform of our expressive energy. People who provoke thoughts and ideas, music, the history of fashion, designers (Calvin Klein, Rene Lacoste, Coco Chanel, Kate Moss, and Louis Vuitton) render positive influences in every way.
What sets your brand different from others?
– Our devotion to constant research in the fashion realm, dissecting fashion trends, and taking a keen interest to personal relationships set the tone for our company – we invest in the little things. It’s more than just selling clothes, there is heart and meaning behind everything we do.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
– Maintaining a positive focus seems to be the biggest hurdle… my brother and I are both working full time jobs – Jason, a bartender at (The Melting Pot) and myself at the Fire Dept (West Metro Fire/Rescue) as a 911 Dispatcher. Meshing schedules is sometimes problematic – allowing the days to pass one at a time and being patient is our current target. It’s difficult sometimes because we are so passionate, extremely driven, and motivated by our dreams. We encourage each other a lot and surround ourselves by those who speak life into our new endeavor. Other than that, we live in the moment and enjoy every piece of it!
Any plans for the future with your clothing line?
– We are shooting a commercial in Los Angeles next week, networking with similar business entrepreneurs, and expanding into jewelry – men and women. Our summer line is slated for release in the next month or so. Swim wear, and a line for kids lies in the near future… we will continue to evolve and expand our vision – Mark Nava
Interviewed by : WWS Mag Jerry Rodrigo